- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Activate the Dark Feature
- Install Epic Sum Up
- Navigate to the following page: <Jira_URL>/secure/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa
- Copy the following text passage: aptis.plugins.epicSumUp.darkfeature.container.allowParentLink.enabled
- Paste the text passage into the text field
- Click on the Add button
How to use the Dark Feature
It is recommended to create a new issuetype and using that for the new hierarchy level.
- Navigate to the Advanced Roadmaps "Hierarchy configuration"
- Add a new level to the hierarchy
- Assign any issuetype to the new level of the hierarchy
- Save the hierarchy
Configure Epic Sum Up
The issuetypes that are used in the Hierarchy levels of Advanced Roadmaps, can not be used as Containers!
- Navigate to the Epic Sum Up "Configuration"
- Add a new issuetype to the "Treat issuetypes as container" list
- Add the Advanced Roadmaps issuetype and the Container issuetype to the "Issuetypes with Summary Panel" list
- Save the settings
Create an Advanced Roadmaps structure
With the Dark Feature enabled, it is now possible to have an issue linked to both an initiative (via the Parent Link) and a Container (via the Container Link)!
- Add the "Parent link" custom field to all necessary screens
- Create a new issuetype of the highest hierarchy level (in this case Initiative)
- Create an epic or open any epic in Jira and define the Parent link to link it to the initiative
- Build any structure you like below the epic
- Navigate to the initiative and see the summed up data in the Summary Panel on the right
Create a Container structure
- Add the "Container link" custom field to all necessary screens
- Create a new Container issuetype
- Either use the created Advanced Roadmaps structure or create a new issue and define the Container link to link it to the Container
- Additionally link the epic, that is already linked to the Initiative, to the Container
- Navigate to the Container and view the full structure and summed up data